POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-ray 3.5 on PPC : segmentation faults : Re: POV-ray 3.5 on PPC : segmentation faults Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:41:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-ray 3.5 on PPC : segmentation faults
From: Jan Dewerchin
Date: 8 Jan 2003 03:59:42
Message: <3e1be87e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Thorsten,

It's a Totalimpact Briq G4 with altivec.

(check www.totalimpact.com to see it, if you like)

It's as G4 as a G4 gets, i guess.

I would like to stress that I get this problem ONLY with abyss.pov .
As I am a complete newbie on POV-ray, I was rendering some intresting
scenes,
and abyss.pov was the only one wich gave me trouble until now.

At first I thought it was because I added a clock related camera movement
(360 spin around the sub),
but POV-ray halts whith every imaginable option.

Mind you, the same scene renders just fine with the windows version.

Jan Dewerchin